Scum and Villiany
The following rules can be used to simulate one round or hand of sabacc, a popular card game in the Star Wars universe. In sabacc, players attempt to develop a hand of ±23 using a deck of 76 chip-cards that shift between positive and negative ver- sions of their numbers until they are played.
1. The table agrees on a wager, and each player pays this amount into the pot.
2. Use Cool to establish a base dice pool.
3. The GM adds Difficulty dice to the player’s dice pool based on the difficulty of the game and the skill of the opponents.
4. The player rolls the dice pool, leaving the dice on the table. He then rolls a single Force die to illustrate the shifting nature of the cards’ signs. For each dark side symbol, one Success and one Advantage are converted into a Failure and Threat, respectively. Conversely, each light side symbol changes one Failure and one Threat into a Success and Advantage, respectively.
5. To cheat, a character instead uses his Deception, Skulduggery, or Computers skill pool for the test. Upgrade the difficulty of the skill check once. On a Despair symbol, the PC is caught cheating, and gambling immediately stops to resolve the discovery.
6. On a Success, the PC wins back his wager. For each additional Success, he wins another wager’s worth from the pot.